Monday, April 8, 2013

Girl, Overwhelmed

Why is it no one is ever just whelmed? Because it is impossible.

I am sick. Spring brings with it pollen and allergies. I am a victim of Spring. I am also a victim of life. I don't where I'm going or what I'm doing with my life, an it is impossible to function in today's society like that.

I don't think I was prepared for college. I feel like a little girl suddenly thrust into a world of adults, I don't know what I'm doing; I don't know what to do. I feel so small and insignificant. No one really is helpful, no one can really help. I have fallen into a hole so deep, I can't see the sunlight. It isn't as if I can just quit school, I have no real skills to help me in the wide world of adults. I am screwed as I am and screwed the way I'm going.

I need help. I need a chance.

I should have taken a year off.

My parents are no help, all they are is pressure. My teachers are no help, they are only bystanders. My friends can't help, they have their own adjustments to real life to deal with.

I'm on a downward spiral with no end in sight.

I can't continue as I am, but I don't know how to change.

I don't see a future for myself, all I see is my past. All my failures, they just keep coming.

I'm at that point in my life where everyone is pressuring me to make all these decisions. Decisions that will shape every part of my life forever. I am not ready to make these decisions, I am not competent enough to make these decisions.

I have so many obstacles to overcome. I don't see myself overcoming anything.

I think I'm damaged. I know I'm broken. But most of all...

I'm overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment